Friday, December 13, 2013

Saigon: Day 2


   Good morning, Vietnam. It is currently seven in the morning here in the city, and I am enjoying a traditional breakfast of hot noodle soup, known as "hu teiu." I love the fact that two of my favorite things are being combined at the moment. The first, obviously being food. And the second, an amazing view. It's pretty incredible. 
   To address my flight and travel to Vietnam, everything was smooth sailing. We experienced minor turbulence, and we actually didn't have very long delays at the airports. Our first flight flew out from Springfield, Missouri, and later stops included the following locations: Texas, Japan, and finally, Saigon. The only main setback would probably be the ear popping-mild pain in the ears that occurs with the variation of elevation in height and air pressure. Other than that, the food wasn't too bad (not five star quality, but not bad), the number of times my family got lost in an airport wasn't high, and I only spilled water on myself once. In my opinion, that's a very decent travel, and in all seriousness, we were blessed with a safe trip. For that, I'm thankful. 
   Our schedule for today includes going to the famous outside market of Saigon, Cho Benh Thanh. Later in the day, around noon, we will be traveling to my parents' hometown, Lamson, to visit family. Of course, there's excitement, but I'm also just the least bit nervous. First impressions are very important, and honor definitely comes in as a major role. 


1 comment:

  1. Miss you so much Jen! Hope your having a wonderful time down there. Vietnam seems like such a beautiful place. ~Nene

    ReplyDelete